• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Stephanie Stroud

You Say Rescue, I Say Kidnapping

The voice on the other end of the call was his superior.

"Dryer, we got an apparent kidnapping....or assault in progress. We've dispatched a squad car to the scene." The dispatcher then gives the address of the Rave and the man repeats it to Dryer.

"According to the individual who called it in a young woman has been forcibly taken from the place and thrown into a truck which took off.  We need you to go check on the veracity of all this. It's all we know at the moment. Awaiting more reliable info when our car shows up. Will keep you abreast of anything new."

@Flip

No sooner had she bit the driver who was trying to restrain her when the other man had extricated himself from her flimsy attempt at covering him with the blanket. Now that one managed, after yet more struggling, to tie her hands with those zip ties.  Steph knew her situation was getting more dire by the minute, now she was reduced to what mayhem she could cause with her legs and kept kicking away. Unfortunately she couldn't get much power behind them in these close quarters. Right now she just wanted to make it hard for him to secure her ankles  so she kept her legs moving.

"J.D. - get us out of here. Head for ... " Lucian paused, "Head for Griselda's place."

Griselda? Sounded like some witch out of a twisted fairy tale? So they had a female accomplice too? Unky Mason was spending enough money on this little murder plot of his.

"Miss Stroud, you need to calm down. We do not want to harm you," the man turned his attention back to her now.

"Says the guy who kidnapped me and is tying me up! Sooo, what, this is how you take a girl out on a date then?" Stephanie snapped back, never letting up on her resistance. In fact once he had tied her hands and went down lower for her ankles, she let him have it with both hands clasped as a fast, trying for a jab to his face and head.

@Stormwolfe  @Longshot

"Dryer, we got an apparent kidnapping....or assault in progress. We've dispatched a squad car to the scene." The dispatcher then gives the address of the Rave and the man repeats it to Dryer.

“The Rave, huh. Okay got it.” He responded. The Rave was actually at the Masquerade Club

"According to the individual who called it in a young woman has been forcibly taken from the place and thrown into a truck which took off.  We need you to go check on the veracity of all this. It's all we know at the moment. Awaiting more reliable info when our car shows up. Will keep you abreast of anything new."

“Alright Sir, soon as I change I’ll be Code Three.” Hanging up, Rick paused as he made decisions. First, his clothes were suitable for this, then his automatic and because this was a felony, he would strap on his ankle holster and the hammerless snub nose thirty-eight. Once that was done he pulled on his sport coat and jogged out to the ‘company car.’

Lights and siren flashing and blaring as Rick raced toward downtown traffic yielding to him as he sped to the Masquerade Club. Pulling up he noted two squad cars and four uniforms, all taking statements.

“Whatta ya got Conners?” he asked.

“Two guys jerked Stephanie Stroud outta the club, tossed her in a truck and sped off northbound.” Cane the response. Rick liked it, no fluff, just facts. “Thanks need to see if there’s a description and by some miracle, a license number.”

“Right Detective, we’re working on it.”

Tags or TBC

One of the officers shepherded a short young blond toward Rick, he would no doubt recognize her as one of that trio of young people he had provided a ride to that motel the other day. Small world. There was no hesitation on Ava's part when she caught sight of Dryer.

"Oh wow! I know him,"she declared to the officer.

"Well, that's good. Now if you can just tell the Detective here what you witnessed happening, that would be very useful," the officer nodded then to Rick and left the girl with him, he had more folks to canvas in there, trying to sort all this out.

"Umm, hi. Ava...you remember me right?" the petite blond eyed the tall man like she wasn't quite sure he would.

"Steph....the brunette who asked you for the ride. We were in there dancing...OK, she was dancing, we were in there. With some dude...Karl...maybe....I forget....I'm so upset right now I can't think straight...not me, Karl was dancing with Steph, I was just sitting there with my drink....I barely sipped it for your information, " she huffed for breath then forged on.

"Anyhow two men came up to Steph and they suddenly just grabbed her. She definitely did not want to go so one of them threw her right over his shoulder like you'd carry a big sack....not that I am calling Steph a sack...good gracious...I didn't get a good look at either of them because of the flashing lights and well....I wasn't dancing, Steph was. It was crowded on that dance floor. They took her outside, Louis....you remember him, he tried to stop them but that didn't go well. Look at me...like I could stop anybody so I got on my phone and called 911."

"This is sooooo bad....oh god, they're gonna kill her, I'm sure of it!" she was now near tears.

Avafor-RPG.jpg

@Flip   @Stormwolfe  @Longshot

Edited by Wayfarer (see edit history)

"Well, that's good. Now if you can just tell the Detective here what you witnessed happening, that would be very useful," the officer nodded then to Rick and left the girl with him, he had more folks to canvas in there, trying to sort all this out.

Rick turned overhearing the officer’s voice. Before he could speak . . .

"Umm, hi. Ava...you remember me right?" the petite blond eyed the tall man like she wasn't quite sure he would.

“Well yes, I do Ava, and your friends? Are they here too?” Rick queried.

"Steph....the brunette who asked you for the ride. We were in there dancing...OK, she was dancing, we were in there. With some dude...Karl...maybe....I forget....I'm so upset right now I can't think straight...not me, Karl was dancing with Steph, I was just sitting there with my drink....I barely sipped it for your information, " she huffed for breath then forged on.

“Okay, go on what happened next?”

"Anyhow two men came up to Steph and they suddenly just grabbed her. She definitely did not want to go so one of them threw her right over his shoulder like you'd carry a big sack....not that I am calling Steph a sack...good gracious...I didn't get a good look at either of them because of the flashing lights and well....I wasn't dancing, Steph was. It was crowded on that dance floor. They took her outside, Louis....you remember him, he tried to stop them but that didn't go well. Look at me...like I could stop anybody so I got on my phone and called 911."

“Okay, okay, so two men grabbed Steph and hauled her out?” That sounded like a kidnapping to him, and not some prank their friends might pull.

"This is sooooo bad....oh god, they're gonna kill her, I'm sure of it!" she was now near tears. ?

“Slow down Ava. We need a description of these guys to go on. Did you follow them outside.” He paused. “Ava, description of these guys? They have a car, a truck? Anything either of you can remember would be helpful.”

Tag @Stormwolfe@Longshot@The Narrator

Edited by Flip
Louis not in the scene (see edit history)

“Slow down Ava. We need a description of these guys to go on. Did you follow them outside?    They have a car, a truck? Anything either of you can remember would be helpful.”

"I got outside as they were pulling away....fast too. It was a truck, definitely a truck not a car but I don't know anything about makes and models. Think it was black or dark blue or dark green, definitely not white," Ava tried her best to recall.

"Oh yeah, one of the men inside the truck fired a gun too...couple of shots I think.  Now that I think about it, they could have been shooting at me? OH MY GOD!" the realization just struck the emotional young lady.

"I think I'm gonna get sick," she didn't look good.

Even as Ava was falling apart, another police officer was leading yet another young woman toward Rick. When the policeman got within easy speaking range he spoke up.

"Lieutenant, I got someone here that you are going to want to give a listen to."

tumblr_ob99j329r_S1r3dpmyo5_250.gif

She was a young Native American woman and the look on her face was cool, calm, and collected with even a hint of a smile.

"I can tell you exactly who grabbed that girl, officer, but first I want a guarantee I won't get into trouble for this," she announced.

@Flip

"I can tell you exactly you grabbed that girl, officer, but first I want a guarantee I won't get into trouble for this," she announced.

Rick turned, "and you'd be?" He smiled for no apparent reason since to this point he had very little to go on, yet perhaps this girl would have the information that he needed to apprehend those responsible as well as freeing Steph. "So tell me young lady, who grabbed Steph?"

@Wayfarer (Young Indian Woman)

"Says the guy who kidnapped me and is tying me up! Sooo, what, this is how you take a girl out on a date then?" Stephanie snapped back, never letting up on her resistance. In fact, once he had tied her hands and went down lower for her ankles, she let him have it with both hands clasped as a fast, trying for a jab to his face and head.

This time Stephanie's blow hit home. Her clumsy double-fisted chop made his head ring. For a moment Lucian feared he would pass out. But the darkness receded, and he dragged her upright on the bench seat next to him while trying to tuck the blanket over her upper half. 

"We had to get you out of the Masquerade and to somewhere safe." Lucian's voice was firm. "Now listen to me!" He grabbed her hands gently in his strong hands. "We are not going to hurt you. Someone hired our father to find you. He could not do the job and asked us."

The conclusions he had drawn from her reactions were something of a leap. After all, Liam had said next to nothing beyond telling them not to send word to the man that had contacted him. From Stephanie's reactions, she was seriously afraid of someone. Although she was fighting like a wildcat, there was also a tone to her voice...as if this was something she had expected to happen for a long time. 

Lucian's focus narrowed, and his jawline firmed. A girl her age should not be living in fear for her life. He paused and leaned back, studying the girl's face. Her eyes were still showing the effects of whatever narcotics she had taken. He wondered if anything he was saying was registering? "We need to know who might come after you so we can protect you."

@Wayfarer (for Steph, JP optional)

tumblr_ob99j329r_S1r3dpmyo5_250.gif

Even as she spoke she pulled out her phone from the hip pocket of her jeans, "I am Tammy Heath and remember if I help you here, I don't expect to get punished for my cooperation. I had no idea this whole thing was going to turn out into a kidnapping."

She then showed Rick a text which asked her cooperation in locating a certain Stephanie Stroud and even showed a photo of her. Obviously Rick would recognize the face as the girl who had met doing his good deed ride.

"That was from Lucian MacLeod, he is like the owner of Storm Shelter and also The Alibi. He uses me as an informant but doesn't mean I want anything to do with a crime. I called him and told him this girl was here dancing and I saw him and one of his associates show up.  They didn't bother to try and talk to me. Anyhow next thing I knew the whole place was going wild and there were even one or two shots fired out back............no idea who fired 'em though.  But customers pouring out of the place mentioned a topless brunette who got grabbed against her will."

"Now, whatever you do don't tell them how you found out about this. Please," she added a fervent plea.

@Flip

Steph nailed him a good one in the head or so she hoped but he never let up til he had her pretty much restrained. Truth was she could have fought even more effectively had she not been suffering from the effects of the drug and alcohol mix. She was perspiring now heavily even with the cool weather from her sustained efforts to battle free and she was also tiring.

"We had to get you out of the Masquerade and to somewhere safe. Now listen to me!" The man grabbed her hands gently in his strong hands. "We are not going to hurt you. Someone hired our father to find you. He could not do the job and asked us."

"Ohhh, right....like I don't know who hired you assholes," she snapped, jumbled strands of hair over one of her eyes.

"We need to know who might come after you so we can protect you."

"You guys always do this kind of act? Kidnap someone then tell 'em you're going to protect 'em? Get 'em to trust you? Well, it ain't working!" she tried to focus on his face in the poor light of the vehicle and mental haze of the ectasy, "Damn, I've seen you someplace ?"

@Stormwolfe @Longshot

Even as she spoke she pulled out her phone from the hip pocket of her jeans, "I am Tammy Heath and remember if I help you here, I don't expect to get punished for my cooperation. I had no idea this whole thing was going to turn out into a kidnapping."

“Alright Miss Heath, we need all the help we can get, and as far as you being in trouble, well, I can’t promise you anything until we know the extent of your participation.” He responded honestly. “It’ll go easier if you help, that for sure.”

She then showed Rick a text which asked her cooperation in locating a certain Stephanie Stroud and even showed a photo of her. Obviously Rick would recognize the face as the girl who had met doing his good deed ride.

“And you got this from whom?” He asked. It was Steph, he recognized the photo, but was at a loss as to who would want to kidnap her.

"That was from Lucian MacLeod, he is like the owner of Storm Shelter and also The Alibi. He uses me as an informant but doesn't mean I want anything to do with a crime. I called him and told him this girl was here dancing and I saw him and one of his associates show up.  They didn't bother to try and talk to me. Anyhow next thing I knew the whole place was going wild and there were even one or two shots fired out back............no idea who fired 'em though.  But customers pouring out of the place mentioned a topless brunette who got grabbed against her will."

"Now, whatever you do don't tell them how you found out about this. Please," she added a fervent plea.

Rick was not happy, not happy at all. He held up a hand to the girl, “hold on a sec.” The walked over to a uniform. Checking his name tag he said; “Dickson, call in an APB on Lucian McCloud, possible kidnapping, have then run a DMV for his tucks description. Two males one female involved. One of the suspects may be armed  as shots were fired.

tag @Wayfarer

On 11/2/2018 at 2:09 PM, Stephanie Stroud said:

"You guys always do this kind of act? Kidnap someone then tell 'em you're going to protect 'em? Get 'em to trust you? Well, it ain't working!" she tried to focus on his face in the poor light of the vehicle and mental haze of the ecstasy, "Damn, I've seen you someplace ?"

"We generally prefer to avoid the kidnapping part," Lucian said dryly. "Unfortunately, finding you was not the easiest bit of private investigating I have ever done." He let her last words lay between them for a few moments. "Yes, you have. I am the owner of the Alibi. I asked you and your friends to leave a few nights ago."

@Wayfarer (Tags: Stephanie)

Lucian looked behind them, thankfully noting they were not being followed. That would not last long though. By now, it was likely some of the patrons of the rave had called the cops. Björn was going to have a tough time explaining the night's fiasco to his bosses - whoever they were. Raising his voice slightly to attract J.D.'s attention, Lucian reached past and pointed, "Take the next right. Two miles down that road, go left toward the lake. You will see the sign for the Mercer Ranch. Hopefully, Griselda's niece will put us until we can see about someplace safer for Miss Stroud."

J.D. glanced up at the rearview as he saw the turn coming up and turned the vehicle onto that road. "Got it...have you got  a handle on our guest yet?" He shook his hand and glanced down at the teeth marks on it.

@Stormwolfe Tag: Lucian

Edited by Longshot (see edit history)

Ava wasn't sure what that Indian girl had told the cop but whatever it was that got the man going as he went to a uniformed policeman and began giving orders. Least things were moving, they believed her and they were out an APB on someone ...........not that Ava actually knew what an APB was but it some cop lingo.  She just worried it would all be too late for Stephanie though. It wasn't a kidnapping for ransom, these men were going to kill her as per her uncle's wishes. Steph had always said he'd try it someday and now it had happened.

Just then she spotted Louis coming out of the club, wincing as he walked rather gingerly. She raced up to him.

"You OK? They drove off with Steph," Ava practically sobbed.

"I've felt a whole lot better but let's not worry about me. Are the cops doing something about it?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, sure looks like it. Turns out that dude who gave us a ride to the motel the other day works for the cops here. See him? I told what I knew but ....damn, it's not that much," Ava sighed.

"My phone is stomped on, I can't even call home, can I borrow yours?" Louis held out his hand.

"Sure," she turned it over to him then.

@Flip

"We generally prefer to avoid the kidnapping part," the man claimed. "Unfortunately, finding you was not the easiest bit of private investigating I have ever done."

A clear headed Stephanie would have made something of the private investigating bit...people hired killers not private eyes to bump someone off. But it went right over her head in her current condition. Instead she struggled to place where she'd seen that face before. She got an answer though.

"Yes, you have. I am the owner of the Alibi. I asked you and your friends to leave a few nights ago."

"Ohhh, sure, I remember you now, Chief. You're one busy man - bar owner, kidnapper, and murderer.  Anything for a buck though, right...Geronimo?" the girl sneered.

His mention of friends set off an alarm though suddenly.

"My friends! If you hurt my friends, I'll kill you ...I swear !"

Although exactly how she was going to be able to accomplish that rather formidable task was certainly not apparent.  More likely she was the one who was gonna get killed here. The man was snapping orders to the driver though. Mercer Ranch....Mercer? Damn, that name was familiar. Why couldn't she think more clearly?

Lucian sighed inwardly. The name-calling did not bother him. He had heard it all starting from his first day in public school to the present. It would be nice if, just once, the one doing the sneering got the tribes right. "We have no intention of hurting anyone. Once you come down off whatever narcotics you are on and sobered up, I will explain - again - why we took you from the club." 

"If you mean me no harm, then prove it. Lemme out, lemme out of the fuckin' car!" she screamed.

@Stormwolfe @Longshot

@Wayfarer (Stephanie)

Rick left the uniform and looked at Louis, whom he remembered from the rainy ride. "Well, Louis right? Got anything to add about this?" Although he knew the what and the who of this, he didn't know the why of it. Lucian didn't seem the type to throw away his years of law enforcement experience and dedication, but then one never actually knows what someone will or won't do. 

@Wayfarer (I think the tag was actually for Louis).

"Ummm, add? I'm not sure what Avis told you but our friend Stephanie Stroud was dancing on the floor when these two men came up to her and there was no argument or fight, they just grabbed her and rushed her on out. I tried to stop 'em but the guy who didn't grab Steph shoved me hard into the rest of the crowd. I got punched then, fell down, and some jerk kicked me. But whatever, I don't care - I'm worried about  Steph," Louis answered.

"I don't think they are kidnapping her for any ransom - they are going to kill her," he quickly added, "You need to catch 'em fast."

Ava was now crying a few feet from the pair.

@Flip

"Kill her? Louis, you have any idea of anyone with reason to kill Stephanie?" He knew it was Lucian who took the girl, the question was almost irrelevant, but it had to be asked. Perhaps, just perhaps Lucian was acting on behalf of someone else, but most likely not. He had indeed gone rogue! It was not going to end well for him and his accomplice. "We're looking for them right now, including the State Troopers, so if they're on the road we'll take them down." Just then the air filled with the sound of rotor pop as the State Police helicopter thundered past overhead. "You have anything else to add, Louis?"

Tag @Wayfarer(Louis)

"Look - we're Steph's friends, have been for a long time. She tells us all the time about how her uncle is planning on killing her," Louis tried to give the whole story in very short form, "Steph is due to inherit her parents whole estate and finances once she reaches 21, she's 20 now. Her guardian, her uncle, Mason Stroud doesn't want her to get all that and is going to kill her. Steph says he has been illegally siphoning off money from her inheritance for a long time now and all that shit is gonna come out in the open when Steph gets to look at the books. He is not gonna let her."

"Thing is no one believes her and right now she has no solid proof. Most people think she's crazy....as in you know loony .....I admit she can be kinda out there but she is not insane."

@Flip

"So you think these guys who grabbed her are going to kill her on the orders of her uncle?" Rick asked, taking in the account presented without judgment. These things were not uncommon at all. Could Stephanie be in the hands of men hired by this Mason Stroud? And the next question is why Lucian would be involved in such a scheme?

"Look, Louis, this is not about Stephanie's sanity. Not at all." He paused. If there's nothing more to add then I best be putting this together and waiting on some updates from our department and the State Troopers. And listen, you've been real helpful, both of you." Next step would be updates to be sure, but looking into Mason Stroud.

Tag @Wayfarer (Louis and/or Ava)

"Shit, real helpful....yeah. More like useless, I couldn't even slow 'em down let alone stop them," Louis blamed himself.

"Do whatever you can, whatever you need to do. God, I don't want to have to identify her body," he sighed and then Ava's tears became even worse.

Still there was one thing, he hated to bother the cop but..........

"Umm, what are we supposed to do now? I mean Steph paid for the cab to get us here. We...well, we don't really have any money, this trip was her idea and she paid for everything," he had to bring it up or they'd be stranded at this rave. It was too far to walk back to their motel.

TAG:  @Flip

"Shit, real helpful....yeah. More like useless, I couldn't even slow 'em down let alone stop them," Louis blamed himself.

Rick looked at him and said; “Louis, against two grown men? Lucky you’re not hurt. Besides, with the information so far we know one of the suspects and his vehicle. You did the best you could, no one’s faulting you.”

"Do whatever you can, whatever you need to do. God, I don't want to have to identify her body," he sighed and then Ava's tears became even worse.

“We’ve everyone on this Louis, local, State, the mainland has been contacted. The airport and the harbor are shut down, and there’s no evidence these guys intend to kill her, so get that thought out of your head.”

Still there was one thing, he hated to bother the cop but..........

"Umm, what are we supposed to do now? I mean Steph paid for the cab to get us here. We...well, we don't really have any money, this trip was her idea and she paid for everything," he had to bring it up or they'd be stranded at this rave. It was too far to walk back to their motel.

“Not to worry, we’ll get you to your place. That’s not a problem.” Rick assured them. “Conners? Have a unit get these two to where they are staying, will you?” He turned back to Louis and Ava. “Look, we’ll get you back to your rooms and I promise to keep you updated going forward. You go with Conners here, it’ll be cool, trust me.” That settled he walked to his unit and grabbed the mic. “Dispatch put me through to  O’Quinn.”

Tag @Wayfarer& @Stormwolfe

The rather shaken young people taken care of, next order of business was communicating up the chain of command. That meant O'Quinn.

Though originally Aiden had had plans for nothing more than to head off to bed early this night and try to get a nice long sleep - try being the operative word. He didn't sleep as well as he used to. Probably just part of getting older. But now with an incident at a local night spot he needed to be on duty even if it took all night. So it didn't take more than a couple minutes for the man to respond to the call in.

"Yes, O'Quinn here. What's going on? Got a handle on it? Over..."

Tag:  @Flip

The rather shaken young people taken care of, next order of business was communicating up the chain of command. That meant O'Quinn.

Rick watched the cruiser pull away and take the kids off into the night and to the place they were staying. Yeah, the place they were staying . . .  Rick took up the mic, had dispatch patch him through to the Chief and waited as it connected.

"Yes, O'Quinn here. What's going on? Got a handle on it? Over..."

"Well everybody is on it. Local, State and the Feds. They can't get off the island. Habor and airport are covered as well as anything privately owned or operated by the MacLeods. It shouldn't be long now." Rick explained. "Any new orders?"  

Tag @Wayfarer

•  

O'Quinn frowned, did Dryer just mention the MacLeods?

"Excuse me, what's this about the MacLeods? You saying this kidnapping might be connected to the shooting of Liam MacLeod?" was the first question that came to mind for the confused police chief.

As Dryer answered, he glanced down at a sheet printed off a computer database. Alleged victim was one Stephanie Stroud and she came from big time wealth too.

"Are you aware if this is Miss Stephanie Stroud, she is the niece of a multimillionaire Mason Stroud? Could be a snatch for ransom?"

TAG:  @Flip

"Excuse me, what's this about the MacLeods? You saying this kidnapping might be connected to the shooting of Liam MacLeod?" was the first question that came to mind for the confused police chief.

"No sir, what I'm saying is Stephanie Stroud was abducted by Lucian MacLeod. That's according to eyewitnesses who also Id'ed his truck as the getaway vehicle. Plates matched by DMV." Rick responded. "MacLeod is a retired US Marshall., this just doesn't fit, but we'll get him."

As Dryer answered, he glanced down at a sheet printed off a computer database. Alleged victim was one Stephanie Stroud and she came from big time wealth too.

"Are you aware if this is Miss Stephanie Stroud, she is the niece of a multimillionaire Mason Stroud? Could be a snatch for ransom?"

"No sir, however, that's of little concern to me at the moment. We have every available resource on this ." Was the response. "Sir, we need to get him first and then sort this out. This just doesn't feel right, it was too in your face to be a snatch job. They took her out of the club in front of everyone there. Something is dead wrong with this."

Tag @Wayfarer